This crispy pork carnitas recipe made with our Hatch Chipotle Verde Mild Hot Sauce is guaranteed to make you savor every bite. Believe us when we tell you our pork carnitas are gud!
Crispy Pork Carnitas Recipe
· 4 lbs. skinless, boneless pork butt (or shoulder)
· 1 tablespoon salt
· 1 bottle (5oz.) of Das Güd Spice Co Hatch Mild Chipotle Verde Hot Sauce
· 3/4 cup pineapple juice
· 3/4 cup Coca-Cola (Ideally, use Coke made with sugar instead of High Fructose Corn Syrup – look for Coke in the glass bottle from Mexico)
1. In a 6-quart slow cooker, pour in the contents of the Hatch Chipotle Verde Mild Hot Sauce, pineapple juice, Coca-Cola, and pork butt.
2. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours, or high for 5-6 hours.
3. Remove pork and shred meat using two forks. Set liquid aside to be used later.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a non stick pan or cast iron skillet over high heat. When pan is hot, add pork and sear until just beginning to crisp. Ladle over about 1/2 cup of left over liquid, and continue cooking until the juices begin to reduce and the meat is crispy
1. For added flavor, ladle more leftover juices just before serving. Serve in tacos, burritos, and enchiladas
Head over to our Shop page and grab a bottle of Hatch Chipotle Verde Mild Hot Sauce today!